Monday, August 9, 2010

Time away = staying motivated

For the next few days, I'm away on a much needed camping trip. I'm like everyone else; I'm busy, and get over-involved in things that sometimes shouldn't be a priority anyway.

I tend to get a little punchy and difficult when it's time to get away. A while back, my partner and I decided that it should be a priority to get away from everything at least every 6 months. That seems manageable, we'd like more vacations... but it's just not possible to do so a lot of times. But trying to schedule regular get away's keeps me happy; healthy. And, if I'm not healthy, I'm no good to others; my family, the pets that I care for, human clients. It's integral.

In my case, getting away is a great readjustment period, a decompression and a healthy way to stay connected to myself and most of all, motivated. Anyway, that's the place that I am at right now. How about you? Where are you?

When I return back to my schedule, I can think. I'm focused on the right things. I've got perspective. I can stay motivated.

What are you doing to recharge this week, to stay motivated?

1 comment:

  1. Vacations are a must! Tell me how to do that if you're like me, a travel journalist, where every vacation is a story. Somewhere, there's a story. It's hard not to be motivated to find the story on a trip--even if it's just a quick weekend away. Trust me, I try. But good for you, and thankfully I love my work. I can, however, shut out the Social Media stuff at times. It's hard, but I can do it. :-)

    ReplyDelete